AP American Government
The AP American Government course focuses on students acquiring a critical perspective of politics and government in the United States. They learn general concepts used to interpret American politics and analyze specific case studies. Students also become familiar with the various institutions, groups, beliefs and ideas that constitute the American political perspective. The content should include, but not be limited to, the following: federalism and the separation of powers; development of the Constitution; political process; nature of public opinion; role of political parties and interest groups; major formal and informal institutional arrangement of power; and development of civil liberties and civil rights.
High School Course Materials
You’ll get textbooks, eBooks, and all study materials for one low price of $299. You also get teacher support, unlimited tutoring and access to the online student community for 24/7 assistance.
What You’ll Study
This subject area is designed to build on students’ prior knowledge and skill sets in the application of social studies information and tools to understand complex relations between the physical environment and human existence. While focusing on each part of the world, students are able to recognize characteristics distinguishing regions in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa. Each regional study encompasses an in-depth study of the physical geography, culture, economy, government, and social dynamics defining the land and people. An historical element is intertwined into the regional studies, as an investigation of the earliest civilizations demonstrates how and why people migrated to different locations, and how the people in these places survived and advanced with available resources. National High School offers the following courses in social studies for both its individual course program and high school diploma program. Students can choose courses of their interest after discussing them with their student counsellor.
Your jouney to a better career and a brighter future - Click Here
to Start right away
Discuss with Us
Click Here to request for information, one of our representatives will get in touch with you soon to address all your queries.
Academic Environment and Student Achievement:
- National High School’s courses are designed to challenge our students. Each course includes extensive professional-level readings supplemental to the assigned text or texts, and requires the assimilation and measurable application of large blocks of knowledge.
- Assignments are designed to promote strong critical thinking, analytical, and communicative skills. Each course has been developed and reviewed by multiple field experts, and is subject to regular revision, as the faculty, administration and National Advisory Council deems appropriate.
- In tandem with course syllabi and programmatic development, faculties of the highest caliber (nationally-recruited) select and approve the text or texts and readings for each course.
- Each course (general education courses, core courses, specialized field-specific courses) requires several critical reading/writing assignments (with emphasis on both content analysis and communicative skills), three exams, a comprehensive final examination, with an approved proctor in place. The final examinations are notably challenging, as they require thorough assimilation of ALL course materials.
- Qualified faculty and significant learning resources are in place to facilitate and foster student success: that is the High School’s ultimate objective. At the same time, it befalls the student to produce work worthy of the diploma for which he or she is a candidate and such standards of excellence.